If you haven’t soldered surface mount modules before, the Raspberry Pi Pico supplied with the Pi Pico VGA Terminal might look a bit challenging. Like most things, if you know what you’re doing, it is actually pretty easy. Here’s the method I use;
- Take a couple of resistor lead off-cuts
- Bend in to a staple shape about 2.54mm (0.1″) wide
- Poke these staples through from the underside of the PCB in opposite corners
- Bend them apart slightly to keep everything lined up
- Solder opposite corners and a couple of other pads to keep things in place (Do NOT solder the pads with the staple though).
- Remove the staples
- Continue soldering the rest of the pads
- Stand back and admire your work!